Bangladesh Government has undertaken various projects to meet the rapidly growing demand of energy. But the law in this sector is still inadequate. According to the Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission Act, 2003 – energy means Electricity, Gas & Petroleum related products and the same act gives the Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission (BERC) exclusive power to settle any disputes related to energy law.
Law for Nations have been handling energy-related arbitration in Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission with a reputation since last couple of years. Regarding energy law related issues, we can help our client:
- Power plant related issues which can be resolved in an Arbitration proceeding by the Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission (BERC);
- Electricity-related disputes such as disconnection of electricity line, allegation of illegal tampering, excess consumption fee etc.
- Disputes related to industrial gas connection, residential gas connection and CNG gas connection, such as disconnection of gas line, allegation of illegal tampering, excess consumption fee etc.
- Dispute related to Petroleum related matters;
- Facilitating the process to get Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission (BERC) license such as CPP license, CNG license, Petroleum license, etc.